9.01.2006

Work Work Work

Well, I went home to the 'rents for about a week. I told them that I would do a lot of work. When the folks bought their house it was a very dark hunter green, inside and out. Green siding, carpeting, painting. everything! Seriously, i like green but this was overkill. Well they got four lots with it and most were severly overgrown. There were a ton of bushes that were overgrown and everywhere. Well over the time, my parents and grandparents had cut them down to clear the grouds. There were three left a few years ago until just one was left in front of the fireplace. It had not become severly overgrown, becoming taller to than the house. My mom hated it so I told her that she could not see out the front door. Well as you can see in the first picture how the bush was way too big for the house. Then you can see how the bush came down over the next few hours. Once it was gone, I powerwashed the house and you can really tell on the fireplace, which had like 18 yearrs of gunk on the siddes. You can also see on the steps, they are a sort of tan color, with a little bit of green moss, EWWWW. Well i washed those and then turned back to their older color of red. it was pretty wierd becuase they were fire engine red at one point, why? i dont get it. The first picture down here is what i built, Isnt it nice. You are a little impressed that i did that 57 bricks, weighing 25lbs each. Yes i hauled them and moved them. How manly. I even had dirt under my nails, hehe. The second picture if of the steps which were gross and then of the first paint color. Yes i said first. There were three in all. YES

THREE! I went to Menard, which is NOT Home Depot (I love the Depot, I hate Menards and especially LOWES). Well they said i had to pick from 16 colors and thats it, and this was the best. I was to ammused, well i thought it would be ok and Mom swore she would like it, of course she didnt. Well we went back to Menards and the guy tells me, that i could get it any color i wanted. I WAS PISSED. I wasted 25 bucks because we got the color I had origianally wanted. (Which is in the third picture down here.) The last picture, seriously, the last is the final paint color. Well the last picture i have of it, it is a darker red now. but it looks so much better. it will be better when their is dirt and plants in it. Even though they will be primarily green.

No comments: