4.09.2006

Washington DC

Well, Dynasty, Painterboy and I got back from DC this morning. It was fun but was also nice to sleep in my own bed. I am still surprised how comfortable the sofabed was compared to other sofabeds. We walked all over the place, my foot is still killing me. I dont know what I did to my toe but it looked pretty bad at a time. I think just rubbing it was probably what did it. I dont know how Painterboy walked around in cheap Abercrombie Flip Flops all day (MOre about those later) We got to DC about 930 Thursday morning. As we were driving in, Marine One Flew over and that was awesome. PB (Short for PainterBoy) got a picture of it and it was good compared we were in the car and it was moving. I wish we could have gotten closer but the experience was cool. We checked into the hotel and were impressed for the money how nice it was. DY and PB took a nap and I just couldnt. We decided to walk places or take the subway. We were about 7 block from George and the White house so we walked down. it was a beautiful day to be walking and walking and walking and walking. I think you get the idea. We saw the WH and that was Awesome, i will live there someday. We found the subway and took it to Arlington so we could see JFK and Jackie and the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soilder. We must have taken the long way up because it took a good half hour, forty five minutes to get up and then when we were done, it took maybe five minutes. Ok I may be exagerating a little but still it was nuts. We then went to the Capitol. We walked around it and Dy was all ready to keep going but PB and I revolted and demanded food. I was really crappy because i was tired. I dont think DY got it but oh well. I just wanted to go back and take a nap. They ate at Fudruckers, which we ate at the next day adn was pretty good. We went home and slept for a bit and then went to Dupont Circle to see what was up. We went back to the hotel and ordered a pizza and went to bed.

The next day we got up, at like 11 and went to the art museum which was freaking huge. PB i think was super excited. We went to the Smithsonian and the mall. I expected the mall to be nicer but i guess everyone walking on it and stuff made it pretty run down. There were some hot guys there playing sports. We saw the giant penis, oops i mean the washington monument. That was cool. We started walking down to see Lincoln but i had hurt my toe the day before and just wanted to rest. I sat down watched the boys play rugby. I think DY was jealous i got to do that LOL. I really think he thinks thats why i stopped, although it wasnt, just a plus. We went back to the hotel for a bit and then were going to eat at Dupont circle. We ate at California Pizza Kitchen. Ok the deal with tthat. We saw it the night before but they were closed. Painterboy and Dy were all excited about it and I thought they were nuts like normal because it was a pizza place, not named pizza express so how good could it be. Ok so you know i love the express but for different reasons, it is my comfort pizza. California Pizza Kitchen is Awesome. I hate veggies on pizza and it was so good. I hate chicken on pizza cause it seems wrong cause i love chicken, but chicken and pizza just seems wrong somehow. Well this was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I just wanna say, if you have the option to eat there it is quite good. I want a second, more conveniant one in indy, the one here is a lot of work to go to. As for the picture, i think painterboy was just excited LOL

We got up the next morning and i misse dbreakfast buy like minutes, minutes people, do you know how annoying that is. This guy on the elavator was nice though and let me have some of his. Ok that sounds bad but it really wasnt. It was amuffin and it was wrapped. He was a nice guy and cute as all get out.

Once they finally got up, and i do mean finally, we went to the Potomac Mills Mall. Ok the thing is HUGE, HUGE PEOPLE it was sort of an outlet. some outlet stores and others not so much. it had an IKEA which is always fun. I bought pretty boring stuff. SO on Friday night, i walked around and it was raining and i was wearing flipflops to help no put pressure on my toe, so i kept slipping, like the bottom had not traction. I ended up walking back from the subway barefoot because it was easier. Although was not completly fun. This parking lot had likes of broken class put into the design, it seemed stupid to me and it kinda hurt but better than falling on my ass. Well overall that trip was fun. Some of us had a small stupid tiff on the car ride home. no need to get into it. We made it back alright. I drove like 4 hours on the way home while the other two slept. Dy i dont htink even woke up in that time. PB kept waking up and asking if i was alright. it was kinda funny. Well I think that is everything. Some pictures are on here but they are just ones i feel are cool or relavent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, when we go on the Race, I don't care how bad your toe hurts or how cute the rugby guys are... you're running!